Why I don't like to say "Merry Christmas"

It's Yuletide Eve, 2010. This is the day when exclamations of "Merry Christmas!" turn even some-more common than prior to December 24.

But we haven't uttered those difference once, even though my mother as well as we were out as well as about in multiform stores progressing today. My welfare is to reply "Same to you" when someone says "Merry Christmas" to me.

Understand: I'm not the Yuletide grinch. we enjoy the legal legal holiday season. Occasionally we even will cocktail out with the Merry Yuletide myself. we only have the great reason for observant those difference as intermittently as possible.

Christ.

I don't hold in him. we think he might not even have existed. And if so, almost positively not as the Son of God. That's the silly notion -- superstitious, blind-faith based, unscientific, as well as divisive (we Christians have been saved as well as you're starting to hell, hah-hah!)

So we don't like to contend Merry Yuletide because in doing so, I'm endorsing Christ as well as Christianity.

Since we think the universe would be the improved place though religion, because would we want to go around vocalization of how happy the Christ-filled day is? For my mother as well as me -- along with large alternative non-Christians, there is zero Christ'y about December 25.

It's only an additional day, despite one which does the lot to progress the economy with all the gift-giving which surrounds it.

That's good, though the eremite side of Yuletide is meaningless to me. As it would be to Christians, if the saintly shoe was on an additional foot. Consider, Jesus lovers: what if we lived in an English-speaking country where many people believed in Allah, as suggested by Muhammad?

The law is to contend "Merry Allahday" during sure holy times of the year. Yet we don't hold in Allah. You're the devout Christian. Wouldn't we feel droll wishing store office "Mer! ry Allah day" when we reject Allah as well as this God-hypothesis?

Bingo. Now we know how us churchless folks feel.

So if you're into observant "Merry Christmas" as well as we get the "Happy Holidays" or "Same to you" in reply from someone like me, hopefully now we improved assimilate why.

It isn't the legal legal holiday of Yuletide which I'm opposed to, it's Christ.


Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Yoga Guides

Benefits of the Vajra Guru Mantra

The 6 Important things about Yoga