Geometry

In my study, in a closet, there have been five boxes of people you do not know.

Five crates, transparent plastic, full of photographs. One bin is full of slides as good as an additional of boxed Super 8 film reels. These were delivered by my father a couple of weeks ago.

I am listening to "An American in Paris." My son as good as daughter-in-law have been seeking by a photographs with me. Daughter-in-law. you dislike close language. Unmarried though a plain couple, adored by us, if you contend daughter, it is correct in a clarity though not in another, confusing, as my daughter would attest. If you contend daughter-in-law, it is incorrect. If you contend Jessica, it bears no weight, no affection, no relation. Imprecise language.

Imprecise memories as well. you cannot contend who most of these people are. They bear no weight, no affection, no relation. There have been no labels. No notes. Just faded faces, aged clothes, unfamiliar settings with unfamiliar people. We record by them, staring overlong, putting a little aside, classification them in to piles of you want as good as you know. Small small piles. We hold these aside. The rest have been you do not know as good as have no idea. They go behind in a crates.

Like geometry, a relations concede me to take up a point in time as good as space distant some-more than my place as good as date. This is something you lack. you miss a geometry which tells me who you am, where you am from, you am untethered, free-floating.

A couple of seem to be of me as a child. Some of myself as good as my brother. Some of my father as good as a little of my mother. Some of both. Maybe some-more were. you can't say. There have been so most faces unrecognized. Grandparents, aunts as good as uncles, cousins perhaps. Friends. How am you to know?

No a single does. My father didn't know. He is seventy-six. Since delivering a pho! tographs , he went to Portugal. you am not certain why. He called from a Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Assured me he was coming back. Would you consider otherwise? Two weeks later he was found wandering Newark Liberty Airport without his baggage. Other events, given then, have been sketchy. He is home as good as you assimilate very little. His stories waver, depending upon a day, depending upon who he is talking to, depending upon who-knows-what. Sometimes he is not certain to whom he is speaking. His stories have been imprecise. His language, his relationships, imprecise. He has no geometry. He floats.

My mom knew who these people were. She is seventy-six. She will never be older than seventy-six. But in a little cinema she is sixteen. Or twenty. She is with friends. With my father. In a bathing suit.

A couple of of these were shown to me, a little years past, by my mom as good as my Aunt Jane. She was from England as good as met my Uncle Al when they were fourteen. He was pushing a street cart. In her late eighties she would go to a aged age homes with my Uncle, to "entertain a aged people." She would fool around piano as good as sing. He would fool around accordion.

She showed me a little pictures, told me who a couple of people were. She as good as my daughter made a family tree of whatever they could remember. In a nineteen thirties as good as forties, it looked like someone took a chainsaw to it.

When she died, my Uncle took me aside. He told me he felt untethered, he assigned no place. His geometry was gone. He only floated.

My Aunt showed a single design in particular. That is a a single you wanted. The reason for these crates. It is of my good grandfather. He is a Lord Mayor of Hereford as good as is walking prior to a carriage with King George VI as good as Lady Elizabeth. you figure out who he is by process of elimination.

Of a five crates, only a handful of cinema have t! angible faces. Of a little of these, you am not fully sure. you guess. If you write these guesses upon a back, they become fact. you could make use of post-it notes, leaving their identities tentative. Imprecise. you consider they deserve better. you can't give it to them. you can't offer them any real place, any real geometry. They shift as good as float.

But maybe theory have been improved than nothing. Someday, you might dont think about too.

The Incredulous Traveler: Weight, Work as good as Wonder in a Journey of Everyday Life This began as an intermittent travelogue upon WW; intermittent as you do not travel much. Soon it was some-more than about food and, upon blank a day, emails arrived asking where my posts were. you am vacant during a everyday world around me; a beauty, absurdity, ignorance as good as joy. In a surrounded by of this consternation as good as surprise, you work to maintain my weight, creativity, reason as good as humor; to be awake, wakeful as good as still happy when it would be distant easier to pay no courtesy during all as good as to walk my days asleep.Adamus during Large: An Incredulous Traveler upon Weight, Work as good as Wonder in a Journey of Everyday Life. That's a pretension but, well, it won't fit. So here it is. A crony once told me, after a rune reading, which you was put here by Odin to provoke people in to you do a right thing. you am a Father, husband, friend. you am a poet, writer, educator as good as you sing, sing, sing. you perform, love improv as good as guerilla theater.

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Yoga Guides

Benefits of the Vajra Guru Mantra

The 6 Important things about Yoga