To Recognize One's Faults

This is a request Dudjom Rinpoche wrote in 1983, following a clear mental condition of a "young white male in white clothes." It was translated in to English, about a year after his genocide in 1988, by Bhakha Tulku as well as Constance Wilkinson. This is entitled A Prayer by Which to Recognize One's Own Faults as well as Keep a Object of Refuge in Mind, A Very Pure Aspiration to be Absolutely Clear as to What to Adopt as well as What to Abandon. Please note there is additionally another translation accessible online, with phonetic Tibetan, finished by Mike Dickman.
I compensate loyalty to a guru.
Shakyamuni, Victorious One.
Supreme guide of a realm for this fortunate aeon,
Sons of a Victorious one,
Assembly of noble Bodhisattvas who tame sentient beings,
Lord guru, alone savior of beings in a dark age,
The three Roots as well as oath-bound Dharma guardians
Again as well as again, we ask from my heart,
Recalling we with longing as well as one-pointed thoughts
Please spin your attention toward me.
Take reason of me with your loving-kindness
And with a power of your though encumbrance care
Grant your blessings which my thoughts as well as aims
be carried out in accord with Dharma.

Through past acts, not though merit,
I have performed this altered tellurian birth.
Through past merit, not slight,
I have met a sublime Dharma.
Accepted by a guru, we was equates to to acquire empowerments,
Blessings, as well as a necessary instructions
All this wealth we right away reason in my hands.

But my mind, similar to a babbling monkey, falls under a sway
Of a enticing, false devil of distraction
And we cannot take advantage of a wealth which is my own.
Thus, this free, well-favored tellur! ian biei ng born
And a lama's training have been both wasted.

Now we am during a branch point:
All a teachings which I've asked for,
All I've received, have been similar to a myth.
My body has a coming of a practitioner,
And we have a practitioner's conceit;
My thoughts cannot fathom a loyal teachings.

Lacking even a snippet of usual Dharma, most less holy Dharma,
The sixteen rules for typical amicable function
Are only something which I've heard of.
Seeing myself handle badly, I'm though shame;
Seen by others, I'm unembarrassed;
My bond to a teachings is short as a marmot's tail.

Unable to use properly loyal Dharma's 10 just deeds,
Harboring sectarian bias toward a a single Buddha's teachings,
I slander a teachings as well as good beings
And accumulate up bad karma.
Based upon Dharma
I carry a good weight of immorality deeds.

The some-more training I've received,
The some-more my prophesy of myself inflates,
Though egghead analyses cannot penetrate
The low definition of a teachings.

With conceit, we think, "I keep a Pratimoksha disciplines!"
But
the four dharma practices have been mislaid though a trace.
With conceit, we think, "I posses a altered Bodhisattva training!"
But
the Four Boundless Ones have been only similar to cinema of a lamp.
With conceit, we think, "I keep a Secret Mantrayana samayas!"
But, not with regard to
the first root transgression,
I become careless about all a rest.

I can glibly explain the Four Thoughts That Turn a Mind to Dharma,
But my attachment to phenomena
Shows which my own thoughts has not truly changed.

Though we rely upon a teacher, apply oneself as well as! friends hip slowly ebb away;
Instead of having pristine perception, we have wrong views,
And see a guru as my equal.

Love as well as apply oneself toward my vajra friends weakens;
Unable to continue a couple of oppressive words, we complain constantly.

Lacking consummate training in bodhicitta,
The love as well as care which comes about
From observant all beings of a six realms as my relatives
Disappears similar to mist.

Although we act as if we use a paths of kyerim as well as dzogrim,
I cannot even cope with typical endless delusion.

I commend which a ultimate training of sutra as well as tantra
Is emptiness, though can't have use of which recognition;
My mindstream stays tough as horn.

When we use remaining in mind's loyal condition
I am though stability, nonetheless we mouth off about a surpassing perspective
And toss cause as well as outcome to a winds.

On a outsideI can give a show of good behavior;
On a inside desire, attachment, greed rage similar to fire.

Though my body stays in isolated mountain retreat,
My thoughts wanders in to town constantly, night as well as day.

Without enjoying a real measure of faith in myself,
Thinking to act for others' good is only a fairytale.

Although it is unfit which a Three Jewels misuse me,
Due to my weak devotion, we fright we will misuse myself.

Thus, nonetheless we am though a wrong perspective
Of not desiring in a clergyman as well as a holy Dharma,
In these bad times we sentient beings
Are busily perfecting a bad karma,
Knowing, heedlessly, falling under a sway of unawareness;
Failing to say mindfulness, we humour a good loss.

When we inspect myself, we see
That all I've finished has only added upon to my confusion,
That all my thinking has been stained
By a obscurin! g emotio ns as well as by grasping.
Not observant which even my just acts
Are polluted with negativities
Where else is there to finish up though in a reduce realms?
As for a approach we handle as well as what I've done,
Bringing these to mind, we am sickened.
Looking to others, we am only some-more discouraged;
There have been no friends to good as well as palliate my mind.

If we cannot take caring of myself now,
Others cannot give me retreat when goal is exhausted
And I'm in a hands of a messengers of a Lord of Death.
To wait for for a rescue which can never come,
Isn't which self-deception?

Thus, with shame as well as remorse recognizing my own errors,
Whatever offenses opposite Dharma have occurred,
Whatever samaya transgressions as well as violations,
I won't try to disguise from those with wisdom vision.

From a bottom of my heart, we confess;
With your compassion, please continue me.
Be my retreat from a danger of a precipitous, erring path;
Grant a salvation of finding a perfect, liberating path.

My whole hold up has been outlayed practicing this as well as practicing which
With nothing in my hands to show for it,
No attainment.

From right away on, avoiding a miserable trail of suggestive much,
And missing a a single thing we need
Why not go upon a trail of suggestive a a single thing which frees all?

Certain, unfailing hope, sole, supreme Lord upon whom we rely,
Root guru who combines all refuges in one,
I ask we with friendship as well as a single pointed mind;
Supreme refuge, lord of biggest kindness,
Take reason of me with your compassion.

Grant your good fortune which we be equates to to see my own faults.

Grant your good fortune which we have no wish to see a faults of others.

Grant your good fortune which evil, cruel, as well as infamous thoughts be pacified. !
Grant your good fortune which rational thoughts movement low from within.

Grant your good fortune which enterprise might lessen as well as gratification increase.

Grant your good fortune which we recollect a uncertainty of a time of death.

Grant your good fortune which we be unmotivated during a time of death.

Grant your good fortune which we develop certitude in Dharma.

Grant your good fortune which we use just pristine perception.

Grant your good fortune which we develop unfabricated friendship as well as respect.

Grant your good fortune which we persevere, observant which we have so little time left.

Grant your good fortune which we be equates to to settle Dharma as my ultimate innermost goal.

Grant your good fortune which we giveaway my mindstream a innermost practice.

Grant your good fortune which we have no obstacles to use

Grant your good fortune which a fruit of my use might ripen quickly.

Grant your good fortune which all control with those with whom we have a karmic couple might be meaningful.

Grant your good fortune which a duality of goal as well as fright be extinguished.

Grant your good fortune which we see non-dual wakefulness.

Grant your good fortune which we commend my own inherited wakefulness.

Grant your good fortune which we reason a dharmakaya citadel.

Grant your good fortune which we benefit a good effortless certainty.

By equates to of a good weapon,
Indestructible primordial attentive awareness,
May a blank life-force of samsara as well as nirvana
Both be severed, during once.

Then, in a constant good tranquillity of Nyema's take a break
May we regularly enjoy a activity
That is over fasten as well as parting.

In a pervasive space of evenness,
Even a word "suffering" does not exist
So who ought to be striving for happiness? !

In a Kingdom of Samantabhadra
Happiness as well as suffering have been of a single taste;
Without grasping, they liberate of themselves.

May we attain Samantabhadra's dominion in this very life!

Written by
H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche, Jigdral Yeshe Dorje (1904-1988) Colophon

This is a supplication, confession of faults, as well as an aspiration-prayer combined in one.
One night early in Water-Pig year (1983), my wisdom join Rigdzin Wangmo had a mental condition in which appeared a female messenger who had often appeared in her dreams. The girl said, "Now we should ask Rinpoche to write a invocation prayer. Alright?" as well as left. Later, upon a tenth of a waxing moon, she appeared again, saying, "Why haven't we asked about a essay of which prayer?"
That subsequent morning, when we were deliberating a dreams as well as a prayer, we said, "There have been already copiousness of invocation prayers, though not sufficient people who do them." Rigdzin Wangmo insisted, saying, "No matter whether it's short or long, we contingency write this supplication."
Then we thought, "These days there is danger from disease, war, as well as famine. In order to strengthen people from these dangers, we should write a request reminding a Compassionate Ones of their vows to assistance beings." But nonetheless we was thinking of essay one, due to a distraction of many events, we didn't have a chance.
Once again, upon a dusk of a 10th, a girl appeared, as before. She pronounced in a dream, "Don't neglect a request which we asked for before. There is a good need for it!"
So, we thought to write it upon a 15th of a same month. On a night of a 14th, we prayed with one-pointed thoughts to Guru Rinpoche, asking for his good fortune in order to harmonise a prayer, creation this aspiration, we went to sleep.
The subsequent sunrise during dawn,! in my o wn dream, we was during a head of a large hall similar to temple. Out of nowhere a immature white male appeared in white clothes, with long hair widespread out over his shoulders, holding a span of cymbals. he rolled a cymbals, creation a poetic sound, as well as danced toward me, spiraling closer as well as closer, in circles toward a right, dancing as do a Ging. He said:
"If we wish to settle a teachings,
Make them organisation in your mind.
In a inlet of mind, we will find Buddhahood.

If we wish to visit Buddhafields,
Purify typical deluded attachment.
The perfect, excellent Buddhafield is near during hand.

Develop diligence to use
The hint of a teachings.
Without, who can benefit a siddhi?

It is tough to see one's own faults.
So, indicating them out to oneself
Is a crucial instruction.

In a end, when faults are, a single by one, private
Enlightened qualities enlarge as well as shine forth."

At a finish of this poem, he rolled a cymbals as well as afterwards crashed them together, as well as we awoke. After we woke up, we did not dont think about what he had said, as well as we understood it to have been advice upon practicing what to accept as well as what to reject. we was sentimental that, nonetheless we had actually seen a face of my only father guru, we had not famous him.

I, Jigdral Yeshe Dorje, old father of a Nyingma, wrote this from my own experience. May it be of benefit. Sarvatha Mangalam. Write to rinpoche2006@gmail.com http://tibetanaltar.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Yoga Guides

Benefits of the Vajra Guru Mantra

The 6 Important things about Yoga